How to cook and make Ox tongue:
- 1 ox tongue
- salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large carrot
- large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- oxtail soup
- Rinse the whole raw tongue well. Trim off any little tubes, fatty and dangly bits that you see and place in pot.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and start cooking. cook for about 3 hours,
- Add 10 whole black pepper corns and a large chopped carrot and garlic if you wish.
- Cover the tongue with water and then cook for 2 and a half hours on medium heat.
- Remove the tongue, and whilst it is fairly hot, use a knife or fork to pull off the outer covering on the tongue. It is thick on top, (the licking side!)
- Cut the tongue into cubes, and return them to the pot.
- Fish out the cloves.
- Add an onion and garlic and chilli to taste.
- Add peeled potatoes.
- You may need to add a bit of water.
- Cook again for 40 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon oxtail packet soup.
- Open the pot and reduce the liquor by simmering gently.
Serve with pap & enjoy!