We love our cars here in SA. They get us from A to B, they celebrate our success and they mean we don’t have to travel four four mas’hlalisane.
These are the cars we love; for whatever reasons. They’re the ones we buy, sing about and steal. Let’s start off with what we’re spending our hard-earned cash on.
What we’re buying
2. Toyota Corolla/Auris/Quest
3. Toyota Etios
4. Ford Figo
5. Mercedes Benz C Class
6. BMW 3 Series
7. Toyota Fortuner
8. VW Golf 7
9. Ford Fiesta
10. Ford EcoSport
*According to the national automobile association of South Africa
What’s the chance of your car getting stolen?
1. Popularity: means there is a greater demand for parts.
2. Ease of access: some cars can be started with a screwdriver.
3. Flash: if your car is an attention grabber, it’s less likely to be stolen.
4. Sweet rims: a nice set of rims/mags will attract criminals as they’re easy to sell.
5. Age: older cars are less likely to have a tracking device installed.
6. Lock and load: gear/steering locks deter criminals by making your car seem like more effort to steal.